Monday, July 18, 2011

I may have been molested as a child by my brother. Should I tell family members?

Recently my incredibly weird half brother has been imprisoned (again) and my Father seems to bend over backwards to help him get on his feet. This is hard for me to watch because of the following: In my adult life I have always recalled moments of inappropriate times with my brother. I hardly remember how old these memories are however I know I was no older than 7. I have memories of him suggesting I show him my private area, I cant recall if I did or not but I do remember him exposing himself to me at that time. This took place in a closet in my bedroom. Other times include him always bugging me about climbing into bed with him for a very creepy cuddle session. I remember wanting to get out of his bed but he kept his arm tight around me and said no. The last thing I recall is him holding me on the ground in a choke hold for a very long time. Is it possible I imagined this? I feel that my memory is so vivid that I couldn't have imagined it. I don't want my father helping this man. I never want to see him and Im terrified of him knowing about and or coming into contact with my niece and nephew at sometime. I feel that I would kill him in cold blood if he ever came anywhere near those children. Thats another reason why I think I really was molested by him. My mother has noticed how i react when he is brought up. She is now terrified that he molested me. But every time she asks i say "I don't know" should I tell her about what I remember ? I overheard her arguing with my father on the phone about visiting my brother in jail. she had said something like "he may have messed up my 21 year old son" I feel that she was referring to the fact that I am gay. again, should I tell her what I have memories about ?

No comments:

Post a Comment